1. The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
2. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
- Abraham Lincoln
3. Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
- Ambrose Bierce
4. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
- Milton Berle
5. Motherhood is priced of God, at price no man may dare to lessen or misunderstand.
- Helen Hunt Jackson
6. A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is."
- Keith L. Brooks
7. "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
- Agatha Christie
8. "You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein
9. quot;By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh
10 "What the mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin."
- Henry Ward Beecher